14 de enero de 2018
These Porg Cookies Are Almost Too Cute to Eat
To celebrate the opening of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, craft these Porg Cookies with your whole family. They’re so adorable and delicious that they’re sure to go fast. So, we recommend sneaking a few extra for yourself.
• Porg Template
• 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, softened
• 1 Cup white sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 Tsp vanilla extract
• 3 Tbsp milk
• 3 Tsp baking powder
• 2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
• Circular cookie cutter
• 2 Tbsp meringue powder
• 1/4 Cup water (plus more for thinning)
• 4 Cups powdered sugar
• 1 Tsp vanilla extract
• Orange, gray, and white gel food coloring
• Pastry bags and tips
• Offset spatula
• Black candies
All cutting should be done by an adult.
1. Print out the porg template on cardstock and cut out your preferred size (it should be similar in size to the cookie cutter).
2. Preheat oven to 375° F.
3. Then, start on the dough. Cream butter and sugar by mixing together.
4. Whisk eggs in a separate small bowl until yolk and whites are combined.
5. Add whisked eggs, vanilla, and milk into butter and sugar mixture, beating together.
6. In a separate bowl, mix together baking powder and flour. Then add it into your wet cookie mix and combine together with a rubber spatula.
7. On a floured surface, roll out cookie dough.
8. Bend the cookie cutter into the shape of the porg cutout. Then use to cut out the cookie dough.
9. Bake on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet for 7-9 minutes. Let cool.
10. Now make the royal icing.
11. In a mixer, whisk together meringue powder and water until foam starts forming. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix for about 2 minutes for the right consistency. If the mixture is too thick, add more water (1 teaspoon at a time).
12. Separate into bowls and add food coloring. Thin the icing with water, until it has reached the desired consistency.
13. Add to piping bags. Then, decorate using the template as a reference. To frost the main shape in white, start with a large tip and place frosting in the middle. Then use an offset spatula to spread to the corners. For the more intricate details in orange and gray, use smaller tips. Make the borders and expand to the middle with toothpicks. Then add dark candies for the eyes.
14. Store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy the cookies!
Love It Up News: Season 2 Episode 8: CUTE: Debby Ryan, Dove Cameron and Laura Marano Congratulate Zendaya.
How sweet! Last night after Zendaya picked up a Kid’s Choice Award for Favorite TV Star, her fellow nominees, Debby Ryan, Dove Cameron an...
Whoa! Jaden Smith and his girlfriend, Sarah Snyder, packed on the PDA at Coachella on Saturday, April 17, and they didn’t care who was w...
Erin and Ben Napier’s “Home Town” just gained another resident. The stars of the HGTV hit series welcomed their first child. The couple in...
13 Reasons Why has captured our attention for a number of reasons — the gripping story , the unflinching approach to teen suicide , th...
Miami Swim Week just wrapped up and if the runways are any indication, the frong is still going strong. WTF is a frong you may ask? Ac...
Jennifer Lawrence is one of the most ‘real’ celebrities on the face of this planet. Unlike other stars who may try to only show their b...
It’s Day 2 of Coachella, and Kylie Jenner’s stepping up her game. The starlet showed off major cleavage in a tiny sequined bikini and ...
“Jessie Goes to Hollywood” – In the series finale, when Christina Ross returns home, Jessie heads to L.A. for a role in a movie. But wh...
The cast of Descendants 2 What an incredible celebration! Tons of your favorite singers, performers, and Disney Channel stars hit t...
August Maturo is really looking forward to meeting his fans on the 4th of July! The “Girl Meets World” actor will be in San Francisc...
“Happy Disney Halloween, Be Inspired” — Trick or Treat: See Your Fave Stars' 2015 Halloween CostumesHappy Hallowee-kend! Halloween 2015 is finally here, and you know lots of stars got in on the holiday festivities by wearing over-the-top an...